Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Seriously?!?!?!?

OK, so I think this whole Kindergarten homework thing has gotten completely out of hand! When I was in Kindergarten, our homework was to color, cut, and paste. Getting creative was when we had to make the requisite "turkey in disguise" each year before Thanksgiving (mine was a ballerina). But Kindergarten homework now is a whole different animal! Enter, the insect pinata. Remember last year when Parker had to make a pinata? It started out as frog and ended up a banana tree. Not such a successful venture. This year's assignment was for Brady to make an insect/creepy-crawly pinata. (Anyone else of the opinion that homework was meant to be for the kids and NOT the moms?)
Well, we settled on a Black Widow Spider pinata. I got smart this time, though, and sidestepped the paper mache all together. We used two paper bowls, stacked them and glued them together, then covered with tissue paper and foam. I think the teacher may be a little unhappy that we took the assignment out of context, but I'm willing to live with that. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

looks perfect to me. I would hate this as homework.