Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wild About Animals!!

Today I had the pleasure of being a parent volunteer at Parker's class field trip. (A first for me!!) The class has been learning about animals this quarter so the field trip theme was "Wild About Animals." Each child was given a colored t-shirt to place them into groups. And everyone was given a really cute animal hat to wear. Parker was excited because he was given a panda bear hat! We are extremely lucky because the amazing Wildlife World Zoo is only a few miles down the road and they brought animals to show the kids. It was fun seeing all the cute creatures, including an albino ferret, an Australian bushbaby, and a sugar glider! I wasnt as thrilled with the reptile exhibit, which included a corn snake, giant poisonous toads, gila monsters, and a massive boa constrictor. The end piece was a HUGE tarantula that climbed all over the instructors arms! (Shudder!) Parker had fun feeling different fur pieces/textures, making a jungle photo frame, and looking at the display of the dioramas that all the kids had made for homework. All in all it was a smashing success and I look forward to the next field trip! (Which would be Brady's St Patty's Day celebration tomorrow!)



All of the darling first graders in their shirts and hats


A giant boa constrictor named "Ceasar"


Check out the guy's hand - you'll find a tarantula named "Charlotte"


Panda Parker


Making a jungle photo frame - they turned out really cute!


Mommy loves volunteering at school!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Ca uuuuuute! You were serious about updating more often I am so glad. Not only is Parker a cute panda but he is also wearing my favorite color of shirt so that makes him doubley cute in my book!

Jaclyn said...

How fun, so glad you could do that. Those are what memories are made of. LOVING the good posts my friend, keep it up.

Brian -n- Laura said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am loving mommy-hood and I can't wait to do all the things you get to do with your kiddos! BTW - they are so adorable! You do good work! I promise to call soon - we have family in town for the next couple of weeks since Addie is getting blessed on Sunday, so it may be a little bit until I do - love and hugs to everyone from me! ~ Laura

P.S. Tell Jenna I don't mind being stalked if it's by an Eakins -they're pretty cool! I checked out her blog - she and her hubby are so cute together!

marenj said...

Dang- that looks like fun! My school field trip... the Utah Paper Box Company, and that's seriously not a joke. You can't imagine how interested in how to make a cardboard box second graders aren't-