Sunday, March 7, 2010

Three Updates in One!

I know it has been many months since I have last updated my blog, so I thought I would give you all several updates at once! It has been a VERY busy few months, with MANY big changes in the Walters home! James got promoted to the position of manager at the hospital! Although he is still working nights, it has allowed him to cut down to only 3 days a week! Jill quit her job and is now staying home with the kids. It has been a good change that has brought a cleaner home, volunteering time at the kids school, and more time for family prayer and FHE (and hopefully it will also mean a frequently updated blog)! Carly is super busy with volleyball club, and the boys start baseball season next week! Here are some fun pics to show you how we are growing!

3-D Farm Animals
Brady has been learning about farm animals in school this month, culminating with his class play "The Three Piggy Opera." Brady was thrilled to be given the part of Wolf! One of his homework projects was to create a 3-D model of a farm animal. We settled on baby chicks.


Here is Brady putting paper-mache yarn on a balloon to make a "nest."

Here are the cute "chicks" we made out of pom-poms!

Ta-Da! The finished product!

Here is Brady holding his nest at the play! We had so much fun!!

My Little Man
I can't believe that Parker turns 8 this year! We are working on getting ready for his baptism, reading the scriptures and, of course, looking forward to scouts!! Here is a cute pic of my little man all ready for church!
He has been wanting a white shirt and tie for so long, but they are difficult to find down here. We were lucky to find this set (and one for his brother!) when the Easter outfits came out. Yippee!!

My Crazy Kids
We have been having so much fun with our kids lately! They have grown into wonderful, fun, loving little people! Here are some cute pics to show their silly side.

Hooray for spring time!


Being goofy at the park.


Aargh, you are defeated!!

Triumphant Victory!!

So, as you can see, the Walters five is alive, well, and having a great time!



6 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Great update, we've missed you. Congrats to James on the promotion and Jill on the new job :). I hope your monkeys you supervise are treating you ok, mine sure don't. Keep the updates coming. Kristen and I are trying to get Mimi blogging so we can all keep track of each other. Miss you.

Brian -n- Laura said...

So glad to see everything is going so well! I have been transitioning to stay-at-home mom as well - it's really a big change - especially since I've been working for the past 11 years! Congrats to James on the promotion and congrats to you as well - it seems like things are going super at the Walters home! Love y'all tons - keep those updates coming! ~ Laura

Kristen said...

Oh I miss you. I can't believe how grown up your kids are looking, they are all still so beautiful! How wonderful that James got a promotion and you guys get to see each other more, I hope you were serious about updating your blog more because I miss you girly!

Morgan Yen said...

Jilly I love your blog!! Your kids are SO GROWNUP! I can't stand it. Where did the time go??
Congrats to James & you on the new jobs.

xoxo M

marenj said...

That bird's nest is freaking awesome!

Eakins Family said...

So cool Jill, I'm with Jenna-love the nest, we might have to steal that idea for Brittyn!