Friday, April 23, 2010

A Mother's Mantra...

"I Love My Kids..." I Love My Kids..."
That's what I kept reminding myself as I spent over 4 hours creating cookies for Carly's volleyball team today. Her championship tournament is tomorrow, they will spend 12 hours playing their hearts out, and I was assigned to bring brownies and cookies for the team. Usually, this would be an easy task for me. I however, got the bright idea to be creative. Note to self: Bad idea!
I found a darling cookie cutter on clearance at the grocery store, it was a flower shape with an extra petal shaped cutter. The idea is that you make the flower shape, then frost the petals a different color and stack them on top for a 3-d effect. Cute, right? Well, little did I imagine the chaos that was about to begin. It turns out the flower shaped cutter was VERY large. My sugar cookie recipe ended up making only 14 cookies. Then, when I went to cut the petals, I realized that each cookie required 8 petals! Ok, elementary math... 14 x 8 = 112 petals!!!! So I spent the rest of the afternoon baking, frosting, and stacking petals. The outcome was cute, if I do say so myself....
Next time, please remind me to follow my mother's advice and "just buy Oreos!" Now lets just hope the cookies spur the girls onto victory - GO MATRIX!!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

You just made me laugh. That is something that I would end up doing, all the while thinking...I should have just bought oreos. But they did turn out adorable. GOOD LUCK CARLY ROSE.

marenj said...

Hahahahahahahahaha