Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sweet Thing...

How cute is my little Brady-bug? Let me give you an example... His Kindergarten class is learning about ants this week. His homework assignment last night was to come up with a list of things ants have in common with people. He did well, coming up with comparisons like "Ants have eyes, we have eyes," and "Ants eat food, we eat food." He even came up with "Ants live in families, we live in families." He started struggling then, so I gave him a nudge. I said "Well, do ants have a leader?" He said "Yes! the queen ant!" Then I said "Good, so do we have a leader?" His eyes lit up and he enthusiastically responded "YES! Jesus Christ!" At that moment my heart melted into a big mound of mush. But I continued..."Good, and what about our country? Does our country have a leader?" He pondered for a while so I prompted "President..." Then my little boy jumped up and down and said "President Thomas S. Monson!"
A Mama could never be any prouder.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is the cutest little guy that you have there. What a smarty pants he is. Our country would be much better if President Monson were leading it.